For All Your Retirement Needs
Retirement may be years away, but it's essential to start saving now!
Our Pension Schemes
Enjoy a carefree and financially independent life even after you stop working by investing in our Voluntary Pension Schemes (VPS).
Our schemes offer flexible allocations to ensure that each investor can customize their investment based on their risk appetite and investment horizon.
Choose Your Plan
Voluntary Pension Schemes are available in both Conventional and Shariah-Compliant offerings, select the scheme that best matches your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Voluntary Pension System (VPS)?
Voluntary pension system is a defined contribution pension plan, that facilitates individuals to save for their retirement in a systematic and disciplined manner.
Which laws govern Voluntary Pension System?
• Voluntary Pension system Rules, 2005;
• NBFC & NE Regulations, 2008; and
• Income Tax Ordinance, 2001; and
• Companies Act, 2017.
• The West Pakistan Industrial and Commercial Employment (Standing Orders) Ordinance, 1968
Who should invest in UBL Pension Funds?
The pension funds are suitable for the following investors:
• All Pakistani Nationals/Expatriate Pakistanis over 18 with valid Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) and desirous of availing tax credit. Such individuals may include -Salaried individuals; Self-employed individuals (sole-proprietors) and professionals operating businesses in individual capacity.
• All Employers who wish to provide a pension system for their employees welfare and are unable to do so currently. Such employers may include Corporates, SMEs or any Entrepreneur/ business-men who wish to provide benefit as an additional remuneration to their valued employees.
• Recognized Provident Funds that have the provision allowing them to transfer these funds to a professionally managed Private Pension Fund Manager
What are requirements to contributions?
Eligible person(s) themselves as well as along with their employers are allowed to contribute into one or more Pension funds. The amount of contribution can be paid in one lump sum or in installments into one or more Pension Funds.
Partial or full balance from Provident/Gratuity/Superannuation funds can be also transferred to Voluntary Pension Funds.
Can individual VPS account be pledged or adjusted against any liability?
VPS account can be only pledged against loan/advance given by employer to employee.
However VPS accounts can not be adjusted against any liability, attached in the execution of any court decree and chargeable or assignable due to bankruptcy of the participant.
Is there any Capital Gain Tax applicable in VPS?
There is NO Capital Gain Tax applicable in VPS
Is the investment income of the Pension Fund tax free?
Yes. The investment income or gains earned by each sub-fund is added to the respective sub-funds (in NAVs) without any tax deduction.
How much tax rebate may I get?
You may get tax rebate against investment in Pension Funds up to 20% of your taxable income.
Can I pledge my Pension account(s) against loan from my employer?
Yes, the individual Pension account can be pledged, marked lien/encumbrance against any loan or advance given by the employer to the employee.
What is the tax implication on Income Payment Plans?
As per amendment made in Finance Act, 2022-23, the exemption of income tax on income from Income Payment Plans U/S 23A has been withdrawn, therefore such income is taxable now for the Participants. Pension Fund Manager will not withhold any tax on withdrawal from Income Payment Plan at any stage.
Get In Touch
Not registered to UBL Funds Online?
sms ONLINE to 8258
Forgot your username or password?