UBL Fund Managers (herein can also be referred as “UBL Funds”) & Al-Ameen Funds takes security of its online customers quite seriously and takes all the necessary security measures. Yet, we strongly believe that customers are integral to this process and should take following preventive measures while accessing UBL Funds Online & Smart Savings App in order to avoid any mishap.
Do not disclose your “Login Information” to anyone
• Never share your login ID and password to anyone—not even to your relatives, friends or UBL Funds employees.
• UBL Funds will, in no case, ask you to send your login ID and password word through an email.
Always beware of Phishing Scams & Identity thieves
Phishing is an attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords and ATM card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. It is a serious offence and is also known as Identity Theft. Phishing refers to creating an imitation of an existing legitimate Web page or the use of email to trick users into providing sensitive personal information.
Control access to your PC & do not use publicly-shared PCs to access UBL Funds Online
• Do not allow anyone to install programs on your computer without checking that it is safe to do so.
• Avoid using Publicly-shared PCs to access UBL Funds Online
Ensure that you access UBL Funds Online through our official website only. Look for the SSL secure connection symbol
• Check the website address before signing in.
• UBL Fund Managers uses the latest and strongest cryptographic standards such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer), to protect the information being transferred over the Internet. This symbol will be shown every time you connect with the Online webpage at 128-bit SSL Encryption. No symbol would be displayed if your data is not properly encrypted
Never store your “Login Name/Password” on your browser
• Most browsers offer a facility to store your “Login Name/Password” for your convenience, but it is highly recommended that you should not use this. If you are using Internet explorer you can avoid this feature by simply going to:
• “Tools” >> “Internet Options” >> “Content”
• Uncheck “User names and passwords on forms” and click on “Clear Passwords”
• Click on “OK” to save your settings
Change your “Password” on regular basis
• Remember to change your password on regular basis.
• Select a password that cannot be easily guessed or associated with anything personal (for example: names and birth dates). Mix numbers and letters (Uppercase & Lowercase) to provide additional security.
Keep your computer updated with latest antivirus and firewall updates
• In order to protect your computer from virus attacks, you should keep the computer updated with the latest versions of antivirus and firewalls.
• Consider buying personal firewall and anti-virus software to provide another level of security between the Internet and your computer.
When viewing your personal information be aware of the environment
• When viewing your personal information or performing transactions online beware of the surrounding. Make sure that no one can see your information while performing transactions.
• Though we have programmed the system to log-out automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity. You should never leave your computer unattended while logged in.
• Ensure you log-out properly by selecting the ‘log-out’ button at the completion of your UBL Funds Online session. Also close your browser after logging out.
Check your account statements on regular basis
• Look out for transactions you don’t remember.
• Always check your transaction history details and statements regularly to make sure that all details are updated and there are no unauthorized transactions on your accounts.
• Take note of your ‘last login date and time’ whenever you login to UBL Funds Online to make sure that there has not been any unauthorized access.
• If you do find any suspicious activity or have any doubts, you should immediately call our Customer Care at 0800-00026.
• If you find any obsolete or incorrect information in your profile, you can update it through UBL Funds Online Portal or UBL Funds Tele-SRF.
Let us know immediately if there’s a problem
If you think you may have compromised the safety of your account details, immediately change your UBL Funds Online password and/or T-PIN* or immediately inform us by writing us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our helpline 0800-00026.
Note: UBL Fund Managers shall not be held liable for any loss resulting from such fraudulent activities and deceptive practices by third parties.
*Updated password/T-PIN can also be used in UBL Funds SMART Savings App